Age Defying Personalities - Ms Rajalakshmi

It is going to be a Woman this time

yes, I am going to talk about Ms Rajalakshmi, Director STPI Chennai

What a personality!!! Working in an Government set up, bound by a lot of shackles called protocols, still has the courage to Dream big and execute the dreams with the help of others.

Also, this office is a controlling body for the Software Industry, but by her sheer force, she has made it a developmental agency. I still cannot forget the day I had my first meeting with her in 1998 fag end. We had just started our Offshore Outsourcing for our US Client and I needed to get the invoices certified as export invoices. I had to search out this STP office, which was in Ekkakaduthangal at that time.

Immediately, she started asking questions about myself and what I am doing, etc. Then itself a personal bond was established. I could see a person who was genuinely interested in the growth of people as well as the industry. Subsequently she suggested me to go for STP status. Till then I was thinking that STP recognition is for only very big companies. She explained to me it is also possible for me to get that accreditation as I was having a good client and with great ambition to grow.

There are a lot of inherent activity like custom bonding to be done as part of this accreditation. I was running from pillar to post to get all these done and dealing with Government agencies are something that dont want to do for many a reason. I went back to her and started cribbing saying it would have been better for me if I had not been advised by her to become a STP and what an amount of time and effort I had to put in with no tangible results, etc. Then finally things got done and of course, now I dont regret that decision at all. Even today, Rajalakshmi will tease me about my cribbing.

The qualities in like in her are Treating all the people with great respect whether they are big or small in size, thinking of all possible ways of helping them, being accessable to people, great energy to do a lot of things at the same time, taking full interest in putting forth and enable new ideas to become working models, hard work, grit and determination.

She has been spearheading a lot of initiatives like the Consortium of companies to increase the power of the smaller companies, ewit (empowering women in IT), ITSME Forum, Industry - Academia interaction, Promotion of Tier II cities

Apart from these are her official achievements like establishing the STPI offices in the various tier 2, tier 3 cities, delivering connectivity to these towns, Creation of Infrastructure for STPI Chennai

I only wish all the government people, atleast those people who are heading different divisions have atleast 50% of passion of what she has. This will enable the country to grow leaps and bounds and the Government will be able to make a difference to all the people.

May God be with her in all her Endeavours.

Comments

Umasree said…
Definitly agree with you Sarada, for I had the oppurtunity to watch her closely in the last one month, and hearing her speak at the eWIT 2nd anniversary celebrations yesterday, is a true example set. She is a model to many young aspirants like me and was glad to get the first eWIT-Excellence award - Umasree
KPM Das said…
I cannot but agree- my meeting was a brief one when she visited the SEZ here- she has a good understanding of the pains of the industry and balances that very weel, against the objectives set out by the Govt. Has great empathy.
RAMACHANDRA said…
Dear Sarada.
I admire your observation. Very apt and crisp about Ms. Rajalakshmi.
Really a motivating officer she is.
Ramachandra A N
Deputy Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
ramachandra@iitrpr.ac.in

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM