Patriotism

This one word makes everyone have goose pimples, who ever they are, what ever they are, isnt.  And for every countryman, their Country is Best.

One great appreciable thing with US citizens is their amazing patriotism which I would rate it very very high.  Everyone of them is made to think of serving their country by joining the Services.  Recently, I was having a conversation with a young boy who was going back to his Military Academy school.  all of us were taking the shuttle to the airport from Lawrenceville to Atlanta Airport.  I was so happy and proud to be talking to this young boy.  He belongs to a real military family - his grandmother had 20 years of service.  Both his parents are in Service.  His mother has 20 year of Service and she is now currently in Afghanistan.  The pride in his voice was so heavenly when he talked about what he wants to achieve in life - he wants to get into Navy as his first goal.  We were talking about drugs, the way the other countries prepare their soldiers, his fear of death, his life time ambitions, spending on credit cards - a variety of topics which made the 1 hour to fly off as just 5 minutes. 

What a lovely boy.  Let him be blessed with Gods grace and may he win all his battles that he is fighting on behalf of his country and come out unscathed and life a full life.

This is just one example of how the American citizens want to serve in the Services for their country.  In India, we don't look at Services as an option except in few pockets of the country.  Especially in Chennai, I haven't heard of anybody in the Services.  It has been a long time since I had seen/heard the passion that people have for the Services, I was doing my college and I had friend who used to take the same bus as me.  She used to say that She will marry only a Service Person as she had a highest regard for those serving our country.  I hope she found a good match and both of them are happy living a full life.  I wish there were more people like this Young American and this friend of mine.

I salute American for their true patriotism for their country. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM