Getting the best of the weather

On travel in US during a bad weather is a very very terrible experience whether they are residents of US or people from far off countries like me.  It throws the entire travel schedule and especially if you have a back to back appointment in couple of cities, GOD be with you.  It is a terrible nightmare.  Thank God,  in all my earlier travels, especially in Jan/Feb, though I criss cross the US, I didnt face any such problem.  This time around, I am lucky to base myself out of Jersey city and then do the travel plan. 

The best thing, I like about the weather prediction, is it is 95% reliable, unlike Ramanan, of weather Station fame, in Chennai, who has to make a ambiguous statement that it is likely to rain, drizzle, pour etc either throughout the states or the coastal region and you can safely leave your umbrellas in home and it is 90% opposite of what he says. The almost near forecasting  of the weather helps me to plan my trip nicely avoiding travel during that region or those dates. 

One more commendable thing is that despite the weather, the normal life is almost there.  People under law are required to clean up their part of the walkway in front of their homes clean and so have to shovel the snow and the city makes sure that the roads(at least the primary roads are motorable in terms of cleaning up the snow.  Despite the bad weather, the cold, I am amassed at how people go about their work normally and these people have to be really really saluted for taking things in their stride and still be productive.

Though for many of us, US is the end of the rainbow, like Delhi or any metro, there are a lot of people who live on the platform.  Here also there is a blanket collection drive, to enable these homeless people or poor people to get the used blanket.  During my last visit, I had ordered a burrito, but to my dismay saw that there was egg in it and so couldn't eat it.  But at the same time, I didn't want to simply through a good food into the dustbin.  You know what I did, there was a homeless lady on the sidewalk and so asked her whether she would take some food, which i couldn't eat, and she took it with so much gratitude.  And surprise was on me that she was a follower of Yogi Paramahamsa.  This happened in Encinitas  the people where there is a huge mediation center.

This land is so full of surprises, but I love the way the people overcome things and go ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM