Gifting

Recently my mother in law passed away. She was 84 and had a good life.  At the time of her death, I was the only one in the family who was talking about Eye Donation - who didnt happen, because, the others overruled me in larger numbers and I had no say.  But please, the readers of this blog dont let this happen to your near and dear.  Make sure that eyes are donated.  You will be more than convinced after reading this through

  • India’s Total People- 118 Crore,
  • Each Day Death - 62389,
  • Each Day Born - 86853,
  • Total Blinds - 682497.
If each Death People Donate their Eyes,
Within 11 Days, All those will be able to See.
Then in India there will be NO BLINDS.
If nothing else convinces you, then the above should.
Reusable is not just for plastics and paper but also for our Body Parts.  Help others See, even if you blinded by love of the your beloved person who is dead

Comments

Umasree said…
Sorry to know about your mother in law. Infact I remember closely watching the Endhiran wedding seen to figure her out, with your description earlier.
You are so right in talking about organ donation. We will never know the need of one, unless we are deprived of it, and this is exactly the attitude of our society today to neglect the suffering of people around. Hopefully we would awake from this slumber of 'not for me' attitude for a better world. It is ideal for all of us to plan the passing, in which one of the request should be what should we do to ourselves when we go.

As part of this, glad i made my family pledge for eye donation to Rajan Eye Bank and also for organ donation in case of an accident eventuality...nothing wrong in doing this.
Sarada said…
Uma

You are right in having done the eye and organ donation along with the family.
What I have done is that I have told my husband, my daughters and others too, as much as possible the following instrctions in the event of the anything happening to me
1. I dont want to be kept alive artifically, but should be allowed to die peacefully
2. As much as possible, the organs have to be harvested
3. If case, death occurs in any other place, dont waste time or money in bringing the body back to "my house" but make sure that it is taken care of at the place of death itself or whatever works out for the best.

These are something, I believe would avoid confusion, isnt.

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM