Enthiran

So, a cancelled dinner appointment at the last minute and the desire to see my motherinlaw on screen, made us to go to the local movie theatre  at Toronto to watch Enthiran, the new blockbuster from Rajini - Shankar stable.

Before I go to actual review of the movie, I just want to narrate the perfectionist streak of Shankar - which I had the fortune to see.  We were in the sets of Rajini, as my sister in law is doing small roles in movie and she had taken permission from the producer to bring over my mother in law and my husband to see Rajinikanth in the sets.  When we entered, it was the making of the betrothal scene in the movie.  Shankar, though such a famous man, was so humble and he took the blessings of my mother in law by touching her feet.  What a sight it was. For me it was unbelievable as I never expected that a very famous man would touch a feet of unknown elderly person in his workplace.  I was amassed at that itself.   This particular scene just comes in the movie for about few minutes that's all.  But the number of times Shankar had that shot done, with emphasis on the other actors on the frame, controlling each and every action  - It was perfectionism at work.  We just criticize and comment on the movies just like that, but the hard work that goes into making each and every scene is so much in magnitude.  During this screen shot was when he invited my motherinlaw to sit as one of the visitors for the betrothal function.  If any one of you watch the movie, look out for the old lady in the chair opposite to where the marriage party is sitting.  Thats is my beloved motherinlaw.

Coming to the movie as such,  What an imaginative film this is.  A true sci-fi film in our Tamil movie style with song and dance and romance woven around it.  The graphic work is truly mind blowing.  A full and full enjoyable film for the first of its kind sci-fi film in Tamil.  An entertainer movie.  While Rajini's style is as usual very enjoyable especially the Chitti party, the original scientist as a romantic Rajini is like Oil & water not mixing at all.    AR Rahman's scores are good - but I still miss the melodies that are part of Rajini's movies.  The locations of songs sequences are extremely good - but you dont know whether you need to enjoy the locale or Aishwariya Rai or Rajini's dance steps or the song.     What I liked most was, always in Rajini's movie whether by design or by the accident - he always conveys that there are a lot more meaning in what our elders did whether it was the rituals or any belief in God or supernatural powers.  Here also he demonstrates how our elders were able to help women to have normal deliveries even when there were complications - the scene at the hospital where chitti helps to deliver the baby safe.  This method is still practiced even today by older doctors and midwife. 

If I were to rank the last 3 movies of Rajinikanth namely Chandramukhi, Sivaji and Enthriran - it would be the same order while my husband's ranking is Enthiran, Sivaji & Chandramukhi.

On the whole, this is a good entertainer and my appreciations to all the crew members.

Comments

Umasree said…
Wow, good to know that, and let me watch the movie and let you know:0- wonderful write

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

Jinja, Uganda The souce of River Nile