Elevation in life

Last month I got a promotion in life..... and it was indeed a momentous occasion for all of us.  I have now become a proud grandmother of a baby girl Shayna, (the beautiful) who has turned one month old today. 

What it meant...    It was last year, during the end of one of my trips that I learnt the good news about the upcoming arrival of the baby.  It felt very very wonderful and that meant that my priorities were about to change.   I started preparing a long stay with my daughter to help her during this wonderful time.  So began a long stay options in US.  While the first trip of this year - it was business and family and it became one week of business trip and one week of stay with my daughter.  it was pretty tough doing all these together, but it was worth it from both the ends.  Then I had to go back to Chennai to take care of year end work and other things.  So again, the next trip back here so that i can be with my daughter in the final trimester.  Now I am on my grandmaternity leave please.  So just attending the mails now and then is all I do.  It is family time.

To hold the baby and see how our tribe is growing is a wonderful feeling.  Now I have in our family 4 generations of women in our house - my mother, myself, my daughters and now my granddaughter.  I am waiting for the day, the baby would come to India and I want to take this wonderful picture of all of us together. 

New Borns are a lot of work, but it is a pleasure to do it and you dont feel the strain.  it is so lovely to hold the child in your hands, but of course, it is a lot of responsibility.  Now when it is your daughter it is just what you do - whether it is good or bad - but when it comes to your granddaughter you need to be more accountable of what you do as you have to answer so many people and so there is an extra caution in all things you do.  But everything is worth doing just to feel that soft bundle in your hands, the caressing touch with the tiny fingers and the most enchanting smile you get to see.  while my time to come back to home and to my work is nearing, it is going to very tough since I would miss this little bundle of joy and see/watch/participate in her growth every day.  I will probably looking for business reasons to come back to US and get to spend at least few days with Shayna.

it is indeed great to be a daughter, a mother and now a grandmother.  Blessed are we to give birth and enjoy the pain and joy at the same time.

May our happy tribe increase many fold

Comments

Umasree said…
Congratulations and I am sure you are a proud grand mom! I liked the way you expressed it, and probably only we women can feel it all over again, as we see our children growing up as mothers. May god bless you family and your little angel. Wishing you a very happy break and a great family time....after all, all our achievements and success, matter to them first and these moments are the most precious!...

Regards
Uma

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM