TV show

Today I have saw a TV show in Mega TV titled " Panchantra". This is all about quizzing young children. I saw the show just 10- 15 mts before closing time. What stuck me most was that the 3 children that were there(Whether it was the final stage where all others were eliminated or the show originated with the 3 children - I dont know) were all well within 15 years and the confidence which which they choose the topic on which they wanted to answer was amazing. They have to take 5 questions in their chosen topic and if they get at least 3 right, then they set to win the prize. One chose the Ramayana Epic, the Second chose the "American Authors and 3rd chose the Mahabharata Epic. I was truly amassed at the topic American authors - I dont think, even today at this age of 47 and where I read all books and all authors, I can be confident, let alone attempt to answer. The questions that were put forth to these children were fairly medium range(not tough though) and even for adults the questions will not prove to be easy ones. So finally nobody got to win, but I must say that not only does it take to participate in a show, but going upto the end and with confidence is something great. Top it with the ability to take up tough topics. What a youth power it is.
Every time I see the youngsters of today, I am struck by their knowledge and quick grasping power.
My only comment is that the conductor of the show was going on talking, Mind you it was a Tamil show, but it was multilingual with more of English and Tamil with Malayalam accent than actual normal Tamil. Also when the questions were put forth, I felt the children were feeling intimidated rather than being comfortable. Of course, the Host was going out of the way not to make the children feel that they missed out answering the question because of their ignorance, but it was something they had forgotten. But all said and done, he has to come down to the children and not stand as a Teacher who is taking a class quiz. This was the impression I carried. Hopefully he will grow into his role in the future episodes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM