Helping out - is only a circle that comes back

So after a long long time, I am back. My daughter was saying that I was suffering writers inertia problem - whatever it means. Everyday, I used to think that I should write about this topic or that topic, and would even compose mentally what to write, but to actually type out became a effort and so nothing came up.

In these few months, there were a lot of things I touched my heart, one such recent thing was the address by Rotarian Dr.C.S.Ramachandran. I have joined the Rotary club - the new kid on the block - our club is 106th club of the district 3230 of Rotary International. The club promotes 2 things - fellowship and service to Humanity. Dr Ramachandran was sharing with us about his experiences and what touched me was the way he was telling the story of Paul Harris, the founder of Rotary club, as a 6 year old boy being orphaned and how he had to travel to meet his grandfather (whom he was'st aware was there),etc, etc. More than this story, the difference the Rotary club creates in unknown people's life through its Service Projects. he was narrating how in the town of vellore Rotary club provided few school dropouts with vocational help about 5 years back. Recently when he reached vellore, it was pouring cats and dogs and he didnt have an umbrella to get down and go into the place where he was visiting. Suddenly a young person came running and held an umbrella for him to go in shelter to the building. Once he was inside, he thanked the young person. That young person asked, Sir do you remember me, I was helped by your club and I am today having a mechanic shop with 3 of my friends and all of us are doing well. While earlier my whole family used to curse me as a wasteful person, how the whole family waits for me to come home to have dinner. You really transformed my life. This story really touched all of us in the hall. To end it all, the 4 youngsters once again approached the Dr and gave him a cover which contained money, saying that they had saved some money out of their business and are now wanting to donate to Rotary to help it to help some more people like them. See how a help you do in turn helps another person. so ultimately, it is only a circle, what you give comes back to you in a different form.

May those with Service in their hearts grow in large numbers

Comments

Umasree said…
Hello Sarada Akka,
Glad to see you posting again and also welcome to world of Rotary. I am sure you would enjoy this world of service and friendship. I am associated with Inner wheel for almost 5 years and enjoy the way life goes on with them, which club you belong to?

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Natarajan - The Indusrial Queens Maker

Nathdwara, Rajasthan

IT SME FORUM